This Year’s John Smith’s Grand national starts in sixteen day running between 7th-9th April in Aintree.7th April is Liverpool day. The 8th of April is Ladies Day a popular day out for the ladies. The major event is on 9th April -the 2011 Grand national steeplechase.
The Grand National is probably one of the most popular races in UK horse racing betting, and definitely one of the most exhilarating and exhilarating races of the year for fans of the sport. As you might expect, Twitter is awash with people looking for for Grand National tickets). There’s no time like now to do your homework, to decide who you are going to put a bet on as well as what free-bets or special offers you will take advantage of up when you place a bet (most bookmakers advertise excellent value promotions for the Grand National).
Read our Grand National betting ideas below to identify possible champions, and give you some interesting Grand National facts at the same time.
PICKING A WINNER AT THE GRAND NATIONAL
- Lots of Runners: With around 40 contenders in the race you can surely expect a spectacle. That’s a lot of legs! It’s quite common to see riders falling and horses running without jockeys.
- Long Track: 4.5 miles
- Jumps & Balance: Runners with history of falling are not very likely to possess confidence and to maintain their composure to realistically stand a chance of winning.
- Stamina: This is a long race – so it makes sense that horses with no history of victories on tracks over 3 miles in distance are more unlikely to win on a 4.5 mile track.
- The race is synonymous with the racehorse “Red Rum”which was trained on the beaches of Southport and went on to win 3 Grand Nationals, capturing the nation’s hearts.
- Each way betting – placing an each way bet on the grand national is an easy way to make profit, as bookmakers pay four places on each way bets as standard
- It is not often you will find a runner in the event with such short odds that you won’t make a profit with an each way bet, should the horse place 1st-4th.
GRAND NATIONAL FREE BETS
Bookmakers and betting sites such as betrescue are more than happy to acquire new customers by offering free-bet offers during popular sporting events such as the Grand National, Wimbledon etc.